divendres, 9 de novembre del 2012

NEWS(1): chewing off half my tongue without pain?..

BBC: Why pain is a necessity
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-20239836

 
 I felt a feeling of confusion when I read the title: A man say that he chewed off half of his tongue?
Only to imagine it, i felt goosegumps. And I decided to read the news.

It was the case of Steve Pete, a thirty-something-years old man that has a genetic disorder called analgesia. It consist in no feeling pain in your body (so when you fall down and cut your leg, you don't feel the pain, for exemple).

The first thing that I thought was "Oh, cool! the pain is a negative thing so... If you don't feel it, it's excellent"

When I started to read more about the story of Steve Pete, I felt bad.
Because I felt like an hypocritical person.

Steve Pete talk about when he was a child and he broke a leg without realizing it (because of his analgesia). And he continued playing with his friends and his broken leg!
It was a masterprice gore scene, I think...

Only to think how much Steve Pete should suffer during his childhood and adolescence (He spended the half of his life in hospitals, being in different schools,...)

Now, Steve Pete collabore in a new exibition at the Science Museum in London to talk about his experience with analgesia.

The news talk about another case of a man that feels the pain in a limb that is no longer there!
Peter King, a man of about fifty years old amputated his left arm twenty years ago, and now, he is feeling his arm instead it isn't in his body!

When I finish to read this cases, I felt happy of living as healthily well...








Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada